Got roaches? Getting rid of this pest is not your average do-it-yourself project. In fact, most calls for roach pest control services are from frustrated consumers who have tried and failed to eradicate this pest. Industry studies claim that a consumer has a 1 in 10 chance of successfully eradicating an interior roach infestation.
Roaches have earned a reputation for resilience because they are difficult to completely wipe-out. They are fast, able to escape quickly, they can survive for hours without their heads, hold their breath for up to 30 minutes, and thrive in difficult conditions. This pest can be a challenge for seasoned exterminators.
Unfortunately, many home remedies for roach infestations have been proven ineffective. As a species, roaches are highly adaptable and can develop resistance to even the strongest pesticides available.
Given the opponent, it is no wonder most do-it-yourself attempts fail.
So how do exterminators get rid of roaches? The short answer is not all exterminators can get rid of roaches. It takes an experienced roach exterminator that understands this pest to successfully eliminate an infestation.
What are the signs of a roach problem?
Here are a few signs you may have a problem:
- Seeing roaches during daylight hours – this pest is nocturnal unless increasing populations necessitate forging for food outside normal hours.
- Roach droppings – droppings are easy to spot as they appear like black or brown ink spots on walls, countertops, and corners of cabinets.
- Roach smell – roaches emit a stale musty smell when in large groups. This smell is distinctive and easily detected by an experienced roach exterminator.
Consumers who are seeing signs of roaches are best served to call a professional exterminator ASAP. You might be hesitant but seeing signs of roaches is when it is time to get serious and call a professional roach exterminator. It is the single best choice you can make to get rid of an infestation. And the sooner you call, the sooner you will get rid of this pest, and the easier it will be on your wallet.
How do exterminators get rid of roaches?
- The first step is to start with a thorough inspection.
- Like most living creatures’ roaches need a food source, moisture, and shelter. Identifying and correcting conditions conducive to infestation is critical. You can spray the strongest pesticides available and still not achieve long term relief without correcting conditions conducive to infestation.
- The next step is the initial service. Customers should clean up food spills and seal stored food items prior to this service. Removing clutter and discarding trash improves results.
- Professional exterminators will start with sucking up dirt, small debris, and roaches with a HEPA vacuum. This device is helpful in hard-to-reach areas.
- Exterminators then spray flushing agents into hiding areas. This usually draws large numbers of this pest into open areas where they can be vacuumed away.
- Holes, cracks, and seams that serve as hiding areas are sealed to prevent re-nesting.
- Dry dust products are introduced to nesting and hiding areas.
- Open areas are serviced with appropriate products and glue boards are placed to monitor population level.
- The initial service is repeated in approximately two weeks.
- Periodic two-week services may be necessary for difficult infestations.
Getting rid of roaches does not have to be difficult – hire a professional. Getting rid of roaches does not have to be expensive – hire a good roach exterminator.
For more information about how exterminators get rid of roaches give your hometown roach exterminator a call or text